Start your Construction Business
If you are considering opening a contracting business, be sure to check out our Construction Business Toolkit for useful information on:
- Obtaining your Contractor's License
- Rules and Requirements for Opening a Contracting Businesses
- Launching your Business
- Download the Construction Business Toolkit
Local and National Construction Trends
From 2017 to 2019, the Construction industry experienced a 16% surge in growth – faster than the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ national projection of 12% over 10 years – generating a value of $27.3B in regional gross domestic product. Presently, the construction industry compromises 7.3% of all businesses in Sonoma County and 5.11% of total sales, selling approximately $2M worth of goods and services in 2019 alone. The industry is projected to grow by another 10.5% in the next 5 years.
Source: Emsi, Esri, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Check out the EDB's annual Construction Industry Insider Reports
Networking is a great way to connect with other business owners and learn about the latest news and trends. Following is a list of local trade associations in Sonoma County you will want to check out.
- The American Institute of Architects, Redwood Empire
- The North Coast Builders Exchange
- The Northern California Engineering Contractors Association
- The Redwood Empire Remodelers Association