A Rich Agricultural Tradition
Sonoma County’s agriculture has long been recognized as one of its leading sectors, boasting a total production value of $756 million in 2015. Due to the prolonged drought, the value decreased by 14 percent compared to its 2014 high of just under $900 million.
Almost 59 percent of total production is attributed to winegrapes, while other prominent crops include milk, poultry, cattle, nursery products and vegetables.
Learn about local Farms and Dairies
Supporting our Farmers and Ranchers
In 2016, the EDB is joining with our local agricultural trade groups and associations to launch an Agricultural Business Council (ABC) to address key issues and emerging opportunities within this sector. The key goals of the ABC will be to:
- Identify and act upon key challenges and opportunities facing the industry
- Develop a vision and strategic action plan for the agricultural sector
- Strengthen and develop high-impact initiatives
- Provide business development opportunities to bolster the sector as a whole
- Strengthen the voices of those working in the industry
For more information about how to get involved, please contact the EDB
at (707) 565-7170.