Local businesses can support mitigation by modeling best practices with proactive workplace measures, such as:
- Closely following Cal/OSHA's COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards
- Screening staff for symptoms and providing staff with masks, gloves, and cleaning supplies
- Organizing operations to allow for adequate social distancing
- Posting and distributing accurate information on COVID-19 and on the rights and responsibilities of employees
- Cooperating with contract tracers and County investigators when there are cases at their workplace
- Encouraging and supporting employees to stay home if they are COVID-19 positive, exposed to COVID-19, or have symptoms
- Making it clear that there will be no retaliation for employees who have COVID-19, and that they will be allowed to return to their jobs after taking time off to properly isolate
Additional Information for Employers
Employees who are unvaccinated must follow isolation and quarantine instructions if they test positive or have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19. Following a known exposure at work, fully vaccinated workers do not need to quarantine if they are asymptomatic.
To schedule a collaboration between worksite employers, and community health advocates to provide education and awareness about Covid-19, known as a Charla, contact the CURA Project by emailing email@example.com.