Our team has partnered with local business sectors, economic development partners, the Board of Supervisors and the Department Of Public Health to develop mitigation strategies to keep local businesses open and our community safe.
For more information on safely reopening your business, review our Best Management Plans page and resources listed below.
As Sonoma County moves farther along in the Color Tier System for re-opening as outlined by the State of California, our regional recovery efforts will be activated at different capacities with the help of local industry leaders, stakeholders and community members. To learn more about our recovery efforts, click here.
- Business Mitigation Checklist: As you build your business plan to incorporate the necessary protocol to reopen once allowed by local and/or state health orders, review this checklist to ensure you're meeting or exceed necessary requirements to reopen.
For guidance on where your business lands within the State of California's Color Tier System, visit: CA.gov Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Sonoma County is in the Purple Tier for Widespread. Learn more.
- The SoCo COVID-19 Check App was developed by the Sonoma County Department of Health Services, which is requiring for use by employers and employees to screen for COVID-19 symptoms before employees report for work.
More information about SoCo COVID-19 Check App
- Business Self-Certification Assessment: We've created an online portal for businesses to self-certify, once state and/or local health orders allow them to open, that they are committed to meeting or exceeding requirements of the Business Mitigation Practices put into place by the County of Sonoma to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Permit Sonoma COVID-19 Services & Urgency Ordinance Updates
- Business Safety Guidance Poster. Use this poster at the entrance of your business facility to encourage the public to self-check for COVID-19 symptoms and follow safety protocols before entering your facility.
- Customer ID Check Instructions. This poster provides helpful instructions to customers on how to safely present their ID card to the cashier when purchasing items that require an ID.
- For additional guidance on developing a plan to reopen safely, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.