Our team has partnered with local business sectors, economic development partners and the Department Of Public Health to develop mitigation strategies to help reopen local businesses as quickly and safely as possible.
The plans in place are in alignment with those of several local efforts to catalyze this work. With the collaboration of local industry stakeholders, we were able to develop comprehensive, yet concise virus mitigation strategies for use in each of our respective local industry operational settings.
Also included on this page are required California State Guidance. All provisions of the State Stay at Home Order and related guidance, whether framed as discretionary, recommended or mandatory are hereby incorporated as enforceable elements of Order C19-15: Stay Well Sonoma County.
For businesses located in an incorporated city, check with city for compliance guidelines and permits needed for reopening and expanding services.
Best Management Plans
Agriculture and Livestock
Inclusive of Wine, Cannabis, Fruits, Vegetables, Timber, and Poultry
Inclusive of auto dealerships and rentals.
Campgrounds, RV Parks, and Outdoor Recreation
Cardrooms, Satellite Wagering Facilities, and Racetracks
Childcare Programs and Providers
Inclusive of both Residential and Commercial properties and Limited Services such as HVAC, Electricians, Plumbers etc.
Inclusive of performance arts centers, galleries, and museums.
Energy and Utilities
Family friendly Practices for Employers
Food Packing and Processing
Inclusive of facilities that process or pack meat, dairy, or produce.
Gyms and Fitness Facilities
Inclusive of Personal Training and Dance Studios
Hotels and Lodging
Inclusive of Bed and Breakfasts, Inns, Hotels, Motels, Vacation and Short Term Rentals
Inclusive of laundromats, dry cleaners, other laundry services, auto repair shops, car washes, landscapers, pet grooming, and dog walking.
Logistics and Warehousing Facilities
Inclusive of Mechanical, Technological and Food/Beverage Production
Mining and Logging
Movie Theaters and Family Entertainment
Inclusive of bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages, arcades, and movie theaters.
Museums, Galleries, Zoos, and Aquariums
Inclusive of galleries, botanical gardens, zoos, aquariums, and other similar places.
Music, Film, and TV Production
Outdoor Museums and Galleries
Inclusive of Hair Salons, Barbershops, and Nail Salons
Places of Worship
Professional Sports (without live audiences)
- To reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, productions, athletes, coaching staff, medical staff, broadcasting staff and others at sporting facilities or events should abide by COVID-19 protocols agreed by labor and management, which may be further enhanced by county public health officers.
- State Required Office Workspace Guidance for back office staff.
Public Transit and Intercity Passenger Rail
Real Estate Transactions
Inclusive of both Residential and Commercial Real Estate
Inclusive of bookstores, jewelry store, toy stores, clothing and shoe stores, home and furnishing stores, sporting goods stores, florists, and other like retail.
Retail Shopping Centers
Inclusive of shopping centers, shopping malls, and strip malls
Restaurants - Dine In
Restaurants, Wineries, and Bars
Inclusive of restaurants, brewpubs, craft distilleries, breweries, bars, pubs, and wineries.
- State Required Restaurants, Bars, and Wineries Guidance and Employer Checklist
- State Required for Outdoor Dining Guidance
- State Required Take-out, Drive-Through, and Delivery Guidance
- Hospitality Best Management Practices Plan
- Facilitator: Mark Bodenhamer, CEO Sonoma Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Industry Leads: Claudia Vecchio and Kelly Bass Seibel of Sonoma County Tourism, Mike Haney, Sonoma County Vintners and Tim Zahner, Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau
- Restaurants Best Management Practices Plan
- Facilitator: Tim Ricard, Economic Development Manager, Town of Winds
- Industry Lead: Sara Cummings, Executive Director of the Sonoma County Hospitality Association
- Customer ID Check Instructions (English/Spanish)
Inclusive of schools and school based programs.
Support for Working Families
Guidance provides information to help you locate child care, find assistance to pay for child care, and connect you to additional supports for your family.